Monday, 17 March 2014

Guildhall 2nd Round

Not sure how long or useful this entry will be.

The honest truth is Guildhall 2nd round is really no different to 1st round. The main differences were:

-We were in the new building this time instead of the basement of the old building (gorgeous space)
-I actually had seen one of the Guildhall alumni with us before (she was in the BBC TV show Bad Education)

That's it really.

I was number 6 to go into to do my speeches. I really enjoyed working with the two teachers on the panel. I felt challenged and pushed and honestly, I can see how and why Guildhall produces such good actors.The lady who did most of my directing was extremely impressive and I really enjoyed having to alter the starting point from which I took my Emilia speech (that was her redirection request).

Honestly , I think the best advice is to go to the toilets and run your speeches maybe 2-3 times before you go into the room just so you are well placed to say your speeches when it counts. You will definitely feel the nerves more in this round because they warn you beforehand, it may not be talent, it may just be that you don't fit the school's type. I couldn't tell you what that type is so, well, I was holding my breath until after they read the list of final recalls.

So after my audition, I waited a while (because there were 6 other people after me to be seen).

Once everyone had been seen, we waited about 10 minutes and then they came in and told us 6 of us had made it through and I was one of the 6 thankfully.

My final recall round auditions will be sometime in the week of the 18th-23rd May for a day and a half.

I have been looking into people's final recall round experiences of Guildhall as I have no idea what to expect so at this point I would point your attention to this blog

http://anotherlondonactor.blogspot.co.uk/

It is a really well detailed entry and hopefully I will be as fortunate as he was.

Until end of May people!

A
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment